- 1 zucchini, quartered length-wise and sliced
- ½ pound fresh green beans
- 2 sweet peppers, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4-5 large tomatoes cut into bite sized pieces (preferably, a mix of colors and types)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 20 leaves of basil, torn into shreds
- Cooked pasta
- Parmesan Reggiano, grated
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper and basil in a medium bowl. Stir well and let sit for an hour or so.
Cook the pasta of your choice until al dente. About 4 minutes before it is done, add the green beans and zucchini. Drain the pasta and veggies, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
Add rinsed pasta and vegetables to bowl with tomato mixture. Combine thoroughly, then refrigerate. Serve with lots of grated Parmesan.