- 2 pounds 21-30 count shrimp, lightly poached
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise, like Duke’s or Hellman’s
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1 small cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into no bigger than an ¼-inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives thinly sliced
- 6 top split hot-dog buns
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted
Cut each shrimp into thirds.
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and tarragon. Fold in the shrimp and cucumber, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, mix in the chives.
Brush the sides of the rolls with butter and toast in a skillet until golden brown on each side.
Generously fill each hot-dog bun with lobster salad and serve.
The shrimp salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Stir in the chives just before serving.