- ½ gallon peanut or canola oil for frying
- 2 pounds, peeled and deveined, caught locally 21-30 count raw shrimp with or without tails
- 1 ½ cups your favorite locally milled seafood breader
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees
Mix together the Seafood Breader, cornstarch, ginger and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl
Sprinkle the shrimp with water then place the shrimp in the mixture and coat well.
Carefully drop the shrimp in the hot oil and fry for about 3 minutes, until golden and crispy then remove the shrimp from the oil with tongs or fry basket, drain well and serve immediately with tarter or cocktail sauce.