- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 10-15 leaves of basil, torn
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Cooked pasta
- Parmesan Reggiano, grated
Place chopped tomatoes in a large bowl; we use a mix of colors and flavors, including cherry varieties. Add next four ingredients, stir well and cover. Let sit at room temperature for several hours.
Cook the pasta of your choice until al dente. Drain and add to the fresh marinated tomatoes. Serve with lots of grated parmesan cheese.